Ammonia-Nitrogen Test Kit – Salicylate Method
$49.99 – $94.99
The Salicylate method test kits are the industry preferred ammonia test due to hydroxymethanesulfonnate based products. i.e., Healthy Koi® Chlorine/Ammonia Remover
- 60 mL *Salicylate Ammonia #1
- 30 mL *Salicylate Ammonia #2
- 30 mL Salicylate Ammonia #3
- 2 Test Tubes, plastic, w/caps
- 1 Octa-Slide Viewer
- 1 Ammonia-Nitrogen Octa-Slide Bar, 0 – 2 ppm
This kit uses salicylate which reacts to form a blue color. In combination with the yellow reagent color, it produces colors from yellow to blue. The salicylate method is preferred for saltwater analysis and does not contain mercury salts as does the Nessler method. The resulting color produced by the reaction is compared to an Octa-slide to determine the concentration from 0 to 2.0 ppm in aqueous samples.
- Test System: Salicylate Octa-Slide
- Range/Sensitivity: 0.0, 0.05, 0.1, 0.25, 0.5, 1.0, 2.0 ppm Ammonia Nitrogen
- # Tests (# Reagents): 50 The Salicylate method test kits read between 0 and 1 ppm, the ideal range for ornamental pond keeping. The colors range from a bright yellow (no ammonia) through various shades of blue-green to indicate the presence of ammonia; these colors are much easier to read than similar Nessler’s method test kits. Because of how hydroxymethanesulfonate based product reacts with organics, Salicylate test kits are the only type suitable for use with this type of products. The reagent used in Nessler’s method test kits will react with hydroxymethanesulfonnate based products. i.e. Healthy Koi® Chlorine/Ammonia Remover, producing a dark brown color, falsely indicating a high level of ammonia present in the test sample.
|Dimensions||10.125 × 7.125 × 5 in|
|Ammonia Nitrogen Salicylate Octa-Slide Kit||
Ammonia Nitrogen Salicylate Octa-Slide Kit, Test Kit Refill – Salicylate Method